od elaine95

#1340 EAST RUTHERFORD Parris Campbell Jersey , N.J. (AP) — Giants safety Jabrill Peppers has enjoyed beginning minicamp with his new team.“It’s been tremendous,” said Peppers, who was traded to the Giants as part of the Odell Beckham, Jr. deal in March. “I definitely feel fortunate. It’s definitely exciting to be here. I spent some of the best years of my life here.”Peppers is a native of East Orange, N.J., which is located just 10 miles from the Giants’ practice facility and MetLife Stadium. In fact, Peppers played four straight years at MetLife Stadium while he was in high school, leading his teams to New Jersey state championships all four times. He was the state player of the year his junior year in 2012.“I have a lot of great memories here,” Peppers said. “I just want to keep the streak going.”Peppers went from his high school days in New Jersey to the University of Michigan, where he played for the parts of three seasons, playing both offense and defense as well as returning punts and kicks. He finished fifth in the Heisman Trophy balloting in 2016.The 5-foot-11, 213-pound Peppers was drafted by the Cleveland Browns with the 25th pick in the first round of the 2017 draft. Although it was unclear at the time whether Peppers’ true position was linebacker Bobby Okereke Jersey , cornerback or safety, then-Browns head coach Hue Jackson said that Peppers was going to be the starter at strong safety, where he remained for all 29 of his NFL starts with the Brownstwo possible compensatory choices. They go into the final day of this year’s draft in the market for an edge rusher.